Thursday, December 24, 2009

My Sister Wrote About She & I on her Blog

Voices in My Big Head
Click on the Voices in my Head link above to see the blog post.

She put into words some of the amazing story she and I have been through in this last wonderful year of our lives. It`s been like nothing I`ve ever experienced. Both of us finding many of our answers to life`s mysteries, and then putting them into practice. It`s been great to have someone to share our experiences with , who understand`s this new way of being.
And art is a major part of the experience. It`s such a great teacher. It`s teaches, self worth, patience, courage, expression, creativity, integrity. It`s a place to be,(in the zone) is what I like to call it. It brings joy and happiness. The colors have just made me so happy, after using mostly historical colors for so many years, which I still like, but I was limiting myself to them. And when Nina came to visit, I was totally open to whatever she had to offer, as she was open to trying to paint in the 1st place, when I asked her about trying art again.I had no resistance, except one point when I thought I couldn`t do it and I wanted to go to bed and quit, and she wouldn`t let me. So many artists work alone, and that`s just been an accepted story, but the movement that seems to be spreading is to make art with others, whether it be in groups, classes, or online groups , friends getting together.
The teachers who teach techniques and share their knowledge are really doing so much more than they will ever know. It`s not a small thing you all are doing when you teach. Planting seeds all over the place that grow into beautiful things and experiences. You have helped my sister and I connect on a level that we might not have gone to if you hadn`t made available the classes you did . I thank you for that. Thank you Nina . I love you.

1 comment:

Doreen Frost said...

Melanie....your sisters post was so wonderful & inspiring. Your story is one of love and learning. Thank you ever so much for sharing it with us.

Wishing you all the best, Doreen